With two major fires burning in our area, we wanted to get some urgent information out for our customers.
Due to the fire, if there any challenges with road closures or evacuation, we may contact our customers to cancel and reschedule their scheduled service.
Among the precautions:
- Residents should avoid any vigorous outdoor or indoor exertion.
- Those with respiratory or heart disease, older adults, and children should remain indoors.
- Windows and doors should be closed.
- Run your air conditioner if you have one and keep the fresh air intake closed and the filter clean to prevent bringing additional smoke inside.
- Avoid using a swamp cooler or whole-house fan to prevent bringing additional smoke inside.
- To avoid worsening the health effects of smoke, don’t use indoor or outdoor wood-burning appliances, including fireplaces.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at (707) 994-5911.
A Note for Generator Customers
Due to extreme heat across all of California, the state's electric grid may require PG&E and other electric utilities to turn off power for short periods of time called rotating outages. These outages may last between 1 to 2 hours for most customers. For our generator customers, we wanted to give you some important things to look out for:
- Make sure Green Light is on
- Make sure it is operational
If not recently maintained and green light not on, please call our office at (707) 994-5911.
In the event of a power outage, the generator will come on automatically, to provide back-up power.
Once power is restored it will automatically shut down